Name: Professional Master’s in Technology Development
Professional Master’s is the designation of the master’s degree that emphasizes studies and techniques directly aimed at the performance of a high level of professional qualification. This emphasis is the only difference compared to the academic. It confers the same degree and prerogatives, including for the exercise of teaching, and, like any stricto sensu post-graduate program, it has the national validity of the diploma conditioned to the prior recognition of the course.
Total credits: 24 credits (360 hours/class)
Course duration: 2 years (24 months)
Class hours: Classes are in person, on Saturdays, from 8am to 6pm.
To obtain the master’s degree, the student will have to complete 24 credits (1 credit = 15 hours/class), being:
- Compulsory subjects: 10 (ten);
- Elective subjects: 12 (twelve);
- Seminars: 2 (two);
- Conclusion Work: 1 (one).
Each discipline and seminar have a record of attendance, usage and evaluation criteria. Attendance in classes and seminars is mandatory, and students who do not attend at least 75% of the activities will be failed.
Lactec’s professional master’s degree aims at technical qualification, stimulation of research, and development of new technologies with emphasis on their application in the market. Topics in line with the concepts of the stricto sensu professionalizing.
According to Ordinance No. 389, of 03/23/2017, the professional master’s course stricto sensu aims to:
- Train qualified professionals to exercise advanced professional practice and transform procedures, aiming to meet social, organizational or professional, and the job market demands;
- Transfer knowledge to society, meeting specific demands and productive arrangements with a view to national, regional or local development;
- Promote the integrated articulation of professional training with demanding entities of different natures, aiming to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of public and private organizations through the solution of problems and the generation and application of appropriate innovation processes;
- Contribute to add competitiveness and increase productivity in companies, public and private organizations.
In addition, the course also aims to train professionals in Research & Development (R&D).
The student must prepare a Course Conclusion Paper (TCC), in the form of a Master’s Dissertation, which demonstrates mastery of the object of study, and can be complemented with the following technical products:
- Systematic and in-depth review of the literature, article, patent, registration of intellectual property, technical project or technological publication;
- Development of applications, didactic and instructional materials and products, processes and techniques;
- Final research reports, software, case studies, technical operation manual, experimental or service application protocol, application or technological adaptation design, prototypes for development or production of instruments, equipment and kits, technological innovation projects;
Our faculty is formed by qualified doctors in the concentration areas of the professional master’s degree, possessing wide academic and market experience. The participation of these professionals, with recognized competence, allows the best experience to our students in research applied to development and innovation, which may be related to their professional activity. Learn more about the faculty, by clicking here
- Technology Generation and Transfer (TGT);
- Environment and Development (EAD);
- Energy Systems – Conventional and Alternative (ESCA);
- Materials Technology (MT).
With an emphasis on market needs, Lactec studies and forwards solutions to meet the demands of its students. There were countless success stories, with several dissertations and publications recognized with national and international awards.
Click on the menus and learn more about the master’s degree offered in Curitiba.
Lactec maintains a partnership with the University of Ingolstadt, through which its students have the possibility to attend a master’s degree in Germany. This exchange takes place in the second year of the course, after the student’s approval in his technical seminar. Students interested in the module are advised to seek more information with the course coordinator.
Through an academic, scientific and technological cooperation agreement between Lactec and Airbus Defense & Space, master students will be able to participate in an exchange with Airbus itself, in Germany, for a period of six months, while preparing their dissertation.