The Luminotechnics Laboratory of Lactec carries out compulsory tests in compliance with the national norms and regulations in force, such as:
- LED lamps;
- Compact fluorescent lamps;
- High-pressure sodium vapor lamps;
- Electromagnetic reactors for metal vapor lamps;
- Electromagnetic ballasts for sodium vapor lamps.
We also have the ability to perform tests in:
- Luminaires for internal use;
- Public lighting luminaries.
The technicians and researchers actively participate in the committees for the formulation of the lighting laws in force in Brazil. In addition to the national standards, the laboratory serves the industry in the development of new lighting technologies by providing infrastructure and qualified and trained personnel to assist in the process of development and introduction to the Brazilian market.
Tests & Measurements*
The most modern tests on the market are performed at the Lactec Luminotechnics Laboratory. Among them is the LED lamp with a control device integrated into the base (Ordinance 389/2014).
- Goniophotometer tests: a curve of light intensity distribution, propagation angle, luminaire efficiency, luminous flux, maximum distance and height rate, isoilluminance diagrams, isocandela diagram;
- Spectrophotometer test: color temperature, color reproduction index, coordinates.
- Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL): verification of electrical and photometric characteristics of lamps in 100h, 2,000h and 6,000h for concession;
- High-pressure sodium vapor lamp: verification of the electrical and photometric characteristics of the lamps in 100h for concession;
- High-pressure sodium vapor lamp reactor: verification of the electrical characteristics and temperature of the reactor for concession;
- Metallic vapor lamp reactor: verification of the electrical characteristics and temperature of the reactor for concession.
- – Measurement of Photometric Characteristics: opening angle, total luminous flux, maximum intensity, light distribution diagram, photometric distribution curves, coefficients of use and IES file.
- – Measurement of Electrical Characteristics: power, current, voltage, power factor, and THD.
Lactec’s technical team is also at the disposal of its clients for measurement services of photometric characteristics in field, raising the luminous intensity where there is the need to ascertain the ideal level of luminosity for the most diverse applications.
* Several tests are accredited by the General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre). The complete scope of the accredited tests can be found at the link www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rble.
In addition, the laboratory can perform the tests for the concession of the Procel and Ence Seal – National Energy Conservation Label.