Lactec has a laboratory with a complete infrastructure for testing and chemical analysis of physical, morphological, structural, and electrical composition in batteries.
It operates in research and development (R&D) projects focused on energy storage systems linked to smart grids, the use of renewable energies such as photovoltaic energy, and the application of fuel cells. It also studies the development of new types of electrodes, electrochemical impedance techniques for application in lead-acid batteries, and new fast charge techniques.
It is the first laboratory in Brazil able to perform tests on automotive and motorcycle batteries, according to the determinations of Inmetro’s Ordinance nº 299*.
Since 1998, it participates in the organization and technical committee of the National Meeting of Lead-Acid Battery Producers, the only event in the sector in Brazil and Latin America. It also provides professional courses in the area of production and maintenance of battery systems, in addition to general consultancy.
- Lead-acid battery for use in four or more wheels motor vehicles (NBR 15940);
- Lead-acid batteries for motorcycles, tricycles and quadricycles (NBR 15941);
- Vented stationary lead-acid accumulator tests (NBR 14199);
- Valve-regulated lead-acid accumulator (NBR 14205);
- Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes – safety requirements for portable sealed secondary cells and batteries manufactured from them for use in portable applications (IEC 62133);
- Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acidic electrolytes – secondary lithium cells and batteries for portable applications (IEC 61960);
- Stationary valve-regulated lead-acid accumulators (batteries) (Anatel Resolution 570);
- Stationary vented lead-acid accumulators (batteries) used as an electric energy source (Anatel Resolution 597);
- Stationary lead-acid accumulators (batteries) for specific applications (Anatel Resolution 602).
* Some of the tests are accredited by the General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre). The complete scope of the accredited tests can be found at the link www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rble.