The Laboratory of Chromatography and Infrared Spectroscopy performs analysis of organic and inorganic compounds present in matrixes such as soil, air, water, polymeric parts, industrial solvents and insulating mineral oil. For this, it uses equipment with different detection systems: flame ionization (FID), electron capture (ECD), thermal conductivity (TCD) and flame photometric (FPD). The results obtained in these analyses allow characterizing compounds such as biogas, hydrocarbons, glycols, greenhouse gases, sulfur compounds and phosphates, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), volatile organic compounds (VOCs), solvent purity, among others.
- Quantitative determination of polychlorinated biphenyls – PCBs – in aqueous matrixes (ASTM D 5175-91);
- Quantitative determination of polychlorinated biphenyls – PCBs – in the environment;
- Quantitative determination of volatile organic compounds – VOC – in the environment through passive monitors;
- Quantitative determination of polychlorinated biphenyls – PCBs – in the soil;
- Qualitative determination of the organic compounds profile in soils;
- Qualitative determination of organic compounds profile in organic matrixes;
- Determination of volatile organic compounds in polymers;
- Quantitative determination of volatile organic compounds in emissions – VOC;
- Determination of diethylene glycol content, chromatographic method;
- Determination of residual anthraquinone in black liquor, cellulose pulp and effluent – HPLC;
- Formaldehyde determination in automotive parts: measurement of formaldehyde emission in polymeric materials;
- Determination of methane, carbon dioxide, ethane, propane, isobutane, n-butane, isopentane, n-pentane, n-hexane in natural gas samples by gas chromatography with thermal conductivity detection and flame ionization;
- Determination of methane, carbon dioxide, oxygen and nitrogen in biogas samples by gas chromatography with thermal conductivity detection;
- Determination of sulfur compounds in natural gas samples by gas chromatography.
Infrared Spectroscopy Tests:
- Identification of organic compounds by FTIR infrared spectroscopy – predominant composition;
- Characterization of FTIR infrared polymeric matrixes – predominant composition;
- FTIR Infrared Spectrum Acquisition.