Lactec’s Electromagnetic Compatibility Laboratory works with tests and measurements of low and high-frequency electromagnetic disturbances and phenomena. It provides services in cause and effect studies and standardized tests.
For Lactec’s clients, contracting services in this laboratory is the guarantee of quality and accuracy in the measurements of acceptable emission limits and immunity of the equipment to electromagnetic fields.
In addition to national standards, the laboratory meets international standards of electromagnetic compatibility established by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the Comité International Spécial des Perturbations Radioélectriques (CISPR). It also supports research and development (R&D) projects in the country, attesting to the quality of the innovations proposed for the market as a result of its state-of-the-art laboratory structure and qualified professionals.
Tests & Measurements
The most modern tests on the market are performed at Lactec’s Electromagnetic Compatibility Laboratory. Among them are the electronic energy meters, a service accredited by the Brazilian Network of Testing Laboratories (CRL 0089), according to Inmetro Ordinance 587/2012 (items A.26.2 and A.26.4) and NBR 14.520/2011 (items 5.1.2; 5.19.2 and 5.19.4)*.
- Electrostatic discharge immunity test (IEC 61000-4-2);
- Radiated RF field immunity test (IEC 61000-4-3);
- Immunity test for fast electrical transients (IEC 61000-4-4);
- Combined pulse immunity test (IEC 61000-4-5);
- Voltage sinking test (IEC 61000-4-11);
- Voltage sinking and rated interruption test (IEC 61000-4-34);
- Dielectric isolation test on relays and protective equipment (IEC 60255-5);
- Measurements of electric and magnetic fields to meet the Normative Resolution No. 398 of Aneel, which determines the limits of human exposure to electric and magnetic fields from electrical energy generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
Lactec’s technical staff is also at the disposal of its customers for consulting services, assisting project designers and manufacturers in the resolution of problems observed during electromagnetic compatibility tests.
* Some of the tests are accredited by the General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre). The complete scope of the accredited tests can be found at the link www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rble.
See also other electrical test laboratories: