With one of the most modern structures in the country, the High Voltage Laboratory stands out for its performance with companies and institutions in the research of technological solutions for the improvement of electrical equipment and systems. It actively participates in the development and quality control of electrical equipment and instruments, performing routine, type, and special tests.
The space for High Voltage testing is 21 meters high, built in 768 m², with conditions for handling loads of up to 150 tons and testing on equipment with a voltage class of up to 550 kV. The secondary area is 64 m² and four meters high, for tests on distribution transformers and other special tests.
The infrastructure of Lactec’s High Voltage Laboratory allows testing under the following conditions:
- Atmospheric Impulse – Up to 3200 kV, 160kJ;
- Impulse of Maneuver – Up to 2800 kV, 160kJ;
- Alternating voltage 60Hz – Up to 650 kV (dry);
- Alternating voltage 60Hz – Up to 600 kV (raining);
- Partial Discharges and Radio Interference – Up to 600 kV;
- Capacitance and Delta Tangent – Up to 600 kV.
The laboratory performs tests, according to the standards of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), the American National Standards Institute (Ansi) and the Brazilian Association of Technical Standards (ABNT), on equipment such as:
- Insulators and accessories;
- Insulator chains;
- Connectors for substations;
- Medium voltage cubicles;
- Disconnecting switches;
- Power Reactors;
- Potential Transformers;
- Current Transformers;
- Voltage regulators;
- Voltage Reclosers;
- Medium and high voltage circuit breakers;
- Oil-insulated distribution transformers *;
- Dry Distribution Transformers;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Collective Protective Equipment (EPC) in compliance with NR-10;
- And other equipment on request;
High Voltage Equipment Calibration
Lactec performs calibrations according to national and international standards in:
- High Voltage AC (60Hz) Splitters and Sources – Up to 150 kVrms;
- High Voltage DC Splitters and Sources – Up to 150kV (negative polarity);
- Transformer Turns Ratio– TTR;
- Potential Transformers;
- Insulation power factor and capacitance meters;
- In addition to other equipment on request.
Lactec’s technical staff is also at the disposal of its clients for consulting services, assisting project designers and manufacturers in the resolution of problems observed during High Voltage testing.
*Some of the tests are accredited by the General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre). The complete scope of the accredited tests can be found at the link www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rble.