Lactec’s Mechanical Testing Laboratory performs tests on components and structures, with the possibility of carrying out some field tests. It aims to identify the behavior of these components in order to develop a structural integrity analysis. It brings together a list of test techniques, listed below, which can be applied alone or together.
Universal testing machine:
- Tensile and compression tests up to 250 kN;
- Fatigue test up to 250 kN;
- KIc determination;
- Determination of the / dN curve.
- Deformation measurement and calculation of mechanical stresses in up to 12 simultaneous channels;
- Measurement of residual stresses (ASTM E837).
Acoustic Emission (EA):
- Monitoring of structures in the field using the Acoustic Emission (AE) technique in up to 96 simultaneous channels;
- Mechanical vibration monitoring in field structures on up to 12 simultaneous channels.
- Field noise monitoring (NBR 10151).
- Development of numerical models of parts, components and structures;
- Structural, thermal and fluid dynamics analysis.
Portable three-dimensional digitizer:
- Geometry measurement with portable three-dimensional digitizer system.
- Performance tests in plants to measure efficiency and yield;
- Commissioning tests of hydrogenerators;
- Relative Yield Test (Winter-Kennedy);
- Absolute Yield Assay (Gibson);
- Thermodynamic Performance Test;
- Blades Conjugation Test in Kaplan turbines;
- Vibration and Balancing Test;
- Pressure Pulse Test;
- Flow Measurement Test with Reels.
- Adequacy of pressure vessels to NR-13;
- Periodic inspections on pressure vessels;
- Reconstitution of pressure vessel medical records;
- Conducting hydrostatic tests with or without monitoring by acoustic emission (AE);
- Conducting pneumatic tests with monitoring by acoustic emission (AE);
- Verification of safety valves;
- Verification of pressure gauges and pressure transducers;
- Monitoring of depression vessel operation with monitoring by acoustic emission (AE);
- Detection of leaks in valves and accessories by acoustic emission (AE).
Electric voltage transformers:
- Monitoring of operation of transformers with monitoring by acoustic emission (AE);
- Detection of partial discharges in transformers by acoustic emission (AE);
- Detection of partial discharges in disconnectors (SF6) by acoustic emission (AE).