Lactec’s Metrology Laboratory is qualified to handle tests and calibrations, using standards and equipment of high accuracy with metrological traceability in the main national agencies, establishing links with the units of the International System (IS). It has services accredited by the Brazilian Calibration Network (RBC)* and by the Brazilian Network of Testing Laboratories (RBLE)*, in addition to participating in interlaboratory comparison programs to guarantee its quality and competitiveness.
It offers calibration services in various equipment for industries, service providers, universities, and research centers in the areas of electricity, temperature, time, and frequency. It also offers calibration services for electronic meters of the measurement and billing system (MBS) in plants and substations, according to the procedures of the National Electric System Operator (NSO).
With technical competence and market experience, the Metrology Laboratory’s clients are guaranteed to hire testing and calibration services that present reliable results, guaranteed through our quality system within the standards established by the Cgcre (ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 17025).
Calibrations & Tests*
For calibration and non-accredited tests, the Laboratory uses standards in accordance with national standards for capacitance and inductance quantities and offers tests in centralized measurement systems (CMS), tests in induction energy meters and in encapsulated load relay meters and systems.
See the main services offered by the Metrology Laboratory accredited according to the scope defined by Cgcre*.
Calibrations in electricity:
- AC/DC voltage and current sources and meters;
- Resistive decades, standard resistance and resistor meters;
- Standard batteries;
- Active and reactive power and energy standards;
- Active and reactive power sources and meters;
- Phase angle meters;
- Current transformers;
- Active and reactive power meters (also offered at customer facilities).
Calibrations in time and frequency:
- Generators and frequency meters;
- Frequency meters and function generators.
- Tests on electronic energy meters.
* Some of its tests and calibrations are accredited by the General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre). The complete scope of the accredited tests and calibrations can be found in the links www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rbc and www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rble.