The Lactec Polymer Testing and Thermal Analysis Laboratory provides consulting services and laboratory tests. In addition, it participates in research and development (R&D) projects in new materials to serve segments such as industry and the electric sector.
The laboratory’s infrastructure allows the execution of thermal, physical-chemical and mechanical analyses in several material types, with emphasis on polymers and elastomers. On top of standardized tests, it also performs failure analyses on polymeric materials and develops special tests.
With state-of-the-art equipment constantly calibrated, and a team of trained professionals, the results presented by this laboratory provide a high degree of reliability and reproducibility to contracted services.
- Thermodynamic-mechanical analysis (DMTA);
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC):
- Determination of glassy transition (Tg);
- Determination of melting temperature (Tm);
- Determination of oxidation temperature (OOT);
- Determination of oxidative induction time (OIT);
- Flow rate (MFI / MFR);
- Vicat softening temperature;
- Thermal deflection temperature (HDT);
- Thermogravimetry (TG):
- Determination of carbon black content;
- Determination of load content.
- Hot stretching;
- Permanent deformation by compression;
- Shore hardness;
- Mattia Flexion;
- Water absorption;
- Failure analyses in polymers;
- Thermal aging and insulating oil;
- Flammability by incandescent wire;
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM / EDS);
- Optical microscopy;
- Tension relaxation in elastomers;
- Resistance to cracking (Stress Cracking);
- Heat shrinkage;
- Water vapor permeability.